I was looking for an application in my laptop wherein I can install a Whatsapp application. WhatsApp is a mobile application where you can do free messaging anywhere in the world as long as your contact has the WhatsApp in his/her mobile too. Plus you can have free messaging when your phone is connected to a data plan or through wifi. I had it in my mobile phone but since most of the time I’m in my laptop or iPad working, I decided to install it there. But iPad do not support Whatsapp application only in iPhones. So, I look for an option to download it in my laptop. I was actually eyeing for the WhatsApp Messenger only like the Yahoo Messenger or Skype perhaps but I did not find anything. But I found this Bluestack application, a mobile application where you can download it in your Windows (Beta) and Mac (Alpha). They have around 750,000 mobile application that can be actually downloaded in your pc or laptop. This is where I found the Whatsapp Messenger that will work on my laptop.
What I did was:
- Go to www.bluestacks.com
- Download the Bluestack Player in Windows (if your PC or laptop has Windows OS) or Mac
- After downloading, register with your email.
- Search and Download for the WhatsApp application at Bluestack Player
- Sign (if you have an account already) or Regsiter your mobile phone number
Bluestack application can actually sync photos, SMS, application in your phone to PC. This is what I actually did, I sync my WhatsApp application to the Bluestack player but before that you have to go to your mobile first and do these steps:
- Install the BlueStacksCloud Connect application from the Android Market, if you are using an Android phone.
- Open the application and pair your phone with your PC or laptop by typing your pin (you will receive it in your email).
- Select whether or not you want to receive SMS messages simultaneously in your PC or laptop via BlueStacks.
- Click Login and your done.
I just had my mobile WhatsApp sync in my laptop so that I can start using it. Just make sure if you will sync it, you are using same number that you register in your mobile WhatsApp. After doing that, check your Bluestack Player, click the WhatsApp icon and check if your contact are sync then if not I guess you can do it manually. Normally, if it is sync successfully, you will see the same chat history, groups and messages.
I think this is cool application. I don’t need to look at my phone anytime to check if there are any messages and I can respond immediately. Aside from WhatsApp, you can have Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Instagram and some games that are in your mobile phones. So far I’m loving this Bluestack application in my laptop because the fact that I can actually do WhatApp messaging and also saves me money. I can really cut on my data packages for my mobile because of this. I will only use WhatsApp messenger in my phone when I’m not in front of my computer.
Just want to share this application, someone might get interested also.